We endeavour to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and to respect the privacy of our patients and associated persons who deal with us. Our commitment to privacy includes being transparent about the nature and extent of the personal data processing we undertake. This privacy statement aims to inform you about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you:
- interact or use our websites;
- register and/or attend any of our events;
- if you use any of our products, services or applications (collectively the “services”) in any manner.
Who we are
AHF Jamaica is a member of Aids Healthcare Foundation. Our Head Office is in the United States and we have Representatives Clinics and Wellness Centers all over Latin America, the Caribbean and the world. AHF Jamaica takes its data protection and information security responsibilities very seriously. The effective management of all personal data, including its security and confidentiality, lies at the very heart of our business and underpins our practices and processes.
As a foundation with a global presence, we are subject to the varying requirements of data protection legislation in the jurisdictions where we operate. Our aim is to be as consistent as possible and obey all applicable laws and apply the highest standard of privacy laws to our approach.
What information do we collect?
We gather various types of information, that may identify you as an individual (“personal information”). We gather information from the following sources:
From Websites or Events: We may collect any personal information that you choose to send to us or provide to us. For example, our online forms, or if you register for a AHF Jamaica event, we may also collect personal information from you. If you contact us through the website, we will keep a record of correspondence.
From the Services we provide: We receive and store information you provide directly to us. For example, when coming to the medical centre, we may collect your personal information.
The types of information we may collect directly from our patients include:
- Email address
- Medicine/treatment you are currently taking
- Health information
- If information is uploaded to our systems in connection with the services we retain this information in line with our retention policy.
How do we use the information?
We may use the information we collect from our patients and their users in connection with the services we provide for a range of reasons, including to:
- provide, operate and maintain the services;
- manage our patients’ use of the services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- send patients technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and communications;
- for any other purposes about which we notify patients and users.
When you use the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our Website. These include;
- Usage information– we keep track of user activity in relation to the types of services our patients and their users use, and the performance metrics related to their use of the Services.
- Information collected by cookies and other similar technologies– we use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to users’ computers.
For further information, please read the section headed “Cookies” in the “Your Privacy Rights” section of this statement.
We collect this information via our websites:
- to administer our website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising;
- for purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for an information note requested about our services;
Our Lawful basis for processing includes:
- Legitimate Interest: Our use of your personal information may also be based on our legitimate interest to ensure network and information security if you use any of our systems. AHF Jamaica will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity, product or service, the country in which the relevant company is located and the applicable local legal or regulatory requirements. We normally keep patients records for up to seven years after your relationship ends, then the information is securely destroyed.
We may also keep your data for longer than seven years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or health reasons.
How do we share and disclose information to third parties?
We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including personal information) about our patients in the following limited circumstances:
- where required for your service. If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with information or health services. If you ask a third-party provider to provide you with such information or services, you’re allowing that third party to access information relating to your health status. We’re not responsible for any such third party’s use of your information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provide to you.
- we may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf;
- we may share information with third parties providing services to us, such as correspondent hospitals, and doctors acting on our behalf.
If AHF Jamaica receives your personal information and subsequently transfers that information to a third-party or service provider for processing, AHF Jamaica remains committed to ensuring that such third-party agent or service provider processes your personal information to the standard required to meet GDPR and other local privacy laws.
International Data Transfers
We may transfer data as part of our service with you. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to those in your country of residence. However, we will always protect your information on the basis that anyone to whom we pass the information protects it in the same way we would and in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable laws. All international transfers outside the United States are protected by modal contract clauses where there are terms approved by the EU commission.
Personal Information you submit on the websites is processed on our servers located in Jamaica. Information sent from the client to the server is encrypted and our servers are securely protected.
For your convenience, hyperlinks may be posted on the website that link to other websites. We are not responsible for these sites, and this privacy notice does not apply to, the privacy practices of any linked sites or of any companies that we do not own or control. Linked sites may collect information in addition to that which we collect on our website. We encourage you to seek out and read the privacy notice of each linked site that you visit to understand how the information that is collected about you is used and protected.
We may choose to buy or sell assets and may share or transfer customer information in connection with evaluation. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
We may also share your personal data with our global foundation or other wellness centers and allies for the purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice. When we send your data to our group clinics outside, you are protected by model contract clauses.
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have written procedures and policies which are regularly audited, and the audits are reviewed at senior level.
Exercising your Privacy Rights
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to provide you treatment and medical assistant with us.
- track your Internet usage after leaving the website or
- store personal information others may read and understand.
You can deactivate the non-technical cookies by not consenting to non-essential cookies when your first visit the site. When you first visit the site, it gives you an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of cookies.
You may also set your browser’s setting to deactivate cookies. If you use that option, some functions of this website (e.g. login, memory of preferences etc.) may not be available. Detailed guidance on how to control cookies preferences for the most common browsers can be found at:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- MacOS Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- For other browsers please see allaboutcookies.org
You also have the option to install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on and thereby deactivate the use of Google analytics cookies and the associated data processing. You can find the Opt-out browser add-on here.
You can find the Google privacy notice here.
How Can I Exercise My Data Subject Rights?
If you would like to access, review, update, rectify, and delete any personal information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can obtain contact information from the “Contact Us” section of this privacy notice. Our privacy team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible.
Please note that we may still use any aggregated and de-identified personal information that does not identify any individual. We may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant marketing information (including details of other services provided by us or other clinic which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, phone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication. If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you, or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can have your information removed by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email communication or by contacting us. For the contact information, please look at the “Contact Us” section of this notice.
We may still send you non-promotional communications, for instance, administration related emails concerning your health or treatment.
Call us: (876) 313-3340
You can write to us or visit: 183 Hagley Park Road, Kingston 11, Jamaica
Changes to this privacy statement occur from time to time as the clinic develops and grows and adds more processing. You are encouraged to check back regularly to see any changes that may have occurred.
Information pertaining to children
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. If any data is collect it is with the consent of their parents and is held for the purpose of insuring the wellbeing and health.